Slides available in http://hernani.pt/talks/deployer-phplx
You can find them here
Updating Drupal 8 sites via composer can be hard. If you are following good practices you have your website code in a git repository, and you have an environment where you can test your changes before deploying them to production.
Here are the typical steps you need to do when Drupal core or contrib module is updated:
Last month we took the challenge to update drupal.pt from Drupal 6 to Drupal 8.1.
Drupal.pt is the website for the portuguese Drupal community and was originally developed in 2010, slightly before our first drupalcamp.
The website contains some information pages, details about events in the community, links to user profiles, social media information and sites developed in Portugal in Drupal.
I finally got the time, and to celebrate the launch of Drupal 8 RC1, I converted the blog to Drupal 8!
This weekend I had the pleasure of being a featured guest at DrupalCamp Spain held this year in the beautiful city of Caceres.
276 Drupaleros headed to one of the most beautiful venues where I have been for a DrupalCamp, Complejo Cultural San Francisco, and old monastery which construction start in 1472.
You can find more great shots of the camp and the venue in http://www.flickr.com/groups/2351509@N20/.
I had to create a view where I could filter by title, but I wanted to be able to select from the list of all nodes available to achieve something similar to the following screenshot:
I did it creating a new filter for views. In a custom module I started by declaring the new filter in the module file:
This week I was working with a Client that had a pretty common requirement found in Intranets: seamless login for users authenticated in the domain. This is possible to achieve as long as the server is able to connect to the domain controller and recognize credentials used in the machine. I was able to achieve NTLM integration using the available perl module, however it does not support NTLM2 which is used since Windows Vista. Therefore I ended up using a python module.
Here is the method used to achieve it:
If you are interested in testing the last changes commited to Drupal 8, the amazing simplifytest.me can be a tremendous help.
Head to simplytest.me and choose to test Drupal core as the project, and 8.x as the branch. Click in launch sandbox. A new instance will be launched for you.